Voting

Thursday, December 3, 2009

IT'S A......




We are very excited to have a little boy in our family! I got the cake idea from a tv show and we thought it would be a good way to find out together if Nate missed the ultrasound. He was actually here for it, but we still decided to do the cake. It was a pretty fun way to reveal the news. Alyssa wanted a sister and commented many times that she didn't want a boy baby, but she seems pretty happy now and was obviously more interested in the cake at the time. I'm a little nervous about having a boy. I don't know anything about boys having two sisters and a daughter. But it will be different and fun. We will have trucks and trains instead of all pink and princess. As many people have said, we will hang on and get ready for some wild, fun times ahead!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

congratulations! that video is hilarious :) "can i have a little"
she is adorable

(oh and i love how confused nate is by the colors :))

Emily said...

alyssa is so funny in that video. my voice is annoying in the background, sorry! can't wait to hear your family's reactions! congratulations! oh and trucks and trains are a lot of fun...no glitter anywhere in the house.

Amanda said...

Congrats! Boys are lots of fun. You guys will love it!

Melissa said...

Congrats!!
What a cute video! :)

The Moffats said...

yeah! ahahaha! That video was hilarious! So excited for you guys to have a little boy. Our little boys will be romping around together once you guys move back! woowhoo!

Kim said...

Congrats!! I, too, was nervous to have a boy since I only had a sister growing up. People told me that's what Chris was for. I love having my two boys and at one time thought it would be fun to have all boys after Luke was born. However, I wouldn't trade my little Hannah for anything!

Robin said...

Congratulations! What a fun idea with the cake. Who made it for you? You guys will love the balance of having girls and boys in the house. I hope you are feeling great!