Voting

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Parenting 001

Parenting 001


I read this the other day and it was just the thing I needed to hear in the moment. Sometimes I do worry too much about the particulars and miss what is right in front of me. I do want my kids to remember that we loved them, loved God and that we had fun. A lot of the other stuff just isn't that important, although in the moment it seems like it. I don't want to worry so much about whether I'm disciplining Alyssa right, but pray more about her heart. I don't want to worry about where or when to send her to school, but to focus on teaching her about the Lord. I don't want to worry so much about having the perfect diet or eating all the right foods, but be thankful that we are healthy and happy. I want to stop comparing myself and my children to others, and to see our family as unique and wonderful.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

your family IS unique and wonderful :) and it's super hard not to over think parenting.... i am not good at not over thinking...

The Moffats said...

Love this. thanks.