Voting

Monday, April 9, 2012

Carly is here!

Carly Susanna Walker was born April 2, 2012 at 4:10 am. She weighed 7lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long. She has very dark hair and looks a lot like her sister. She is doing great and is the perfect addition to our family.

The labor was pretty fast and pretty intense. I started having some mild contractions around 2pm on Sunday and by 9pm was pretty sure it was the real thing. At 1am I called my mom to come over and woke Nate up. We were at the hospital by 1:30. They didn't want to admit me right away even though I was 4 cm and contracting, they wanted to wait an hour and check me again. I was pretty frustrated because I knew I was in labor and wanted my epidural! I had back labor even though I didn't really know thats what it was and the contractions were much worse than with the other two. 45 minutes later I was 6cm and then they were saying how fast it was going and I was afraid I wouldn't get the epidural in time. Luckily they were quick getting me the epidural and I was more comfortable, although this epidural was not as strong as the ones I had before. Carly was born less than an hour later.








Alyssa and Mason love their baby sister. Mason has been having a bit of a hard time adjusting but I things are already getting better and he is so sweet to carly. Alyssa loves to hold her and has been a pretty good helper. Nate was off all of last week and most of this week, so it hasn't been too overwhelming yet.














2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful!

Mandy said...

yay! can't wait to hold her!