Voting

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Smoke

So, I almost burned down our hotel room today......Well not exactly, but I'm shocked that the fire alarm didn't go off and evacuate our whole building at 7:30 am. I was trying to microwave a pop tart and I put it in for 2 minutes, instead of 20 sec, not on purpose of course. I went into the other room for a second and realized I never heard the microwave ding. When I walked into the kitchen the microwave had smoke pouring out of it. When I opened the door the room filled up with the nastiest smelling smoke.. Nate and Alyssa were sitting ten feet from the microwave this whole time and didn't notice anything until I walked in the room. So we've had our door and windows open all day and have sprayed febreeze and various air freshners and it still reaks in here! I hate the smell of smoke and it seems to have permeated everything. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the smell out? We are worried that if it doesn't go away they will charge us for smoking in here. I'll try anything, so any advice would be helpful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep airing it out and using Febreez! You could also try Lysol spray, but I would think that Febreez is better. You may need to wash all the appliances off and the counters too. Beyond that I don't have any suggestions. Nate should have noticed - I think it's all HIS fault. :-)
Mom W

Mandy said...

what an awesome story!

Emily said...

that's crazy! hope it smells better now!

Robin said...

Try lighting some candles. I doubt you have those on hand, but they might alter the smell. It was great seeing you guys and meeting Alyssa finally!

Robin said...

I know I already posted, but I want to let you know that I tagged you in my blog. Check it out to see what you have to do next.