Voting

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our St. Patrick's Day

I tried to do some fun things today for St. Patty's day and almost everything was a flop. We tried to make rainbow pudding, pudding was too runny to color and put into a glass. Alyssa was upset. Tried a cute rainbow craft using Alysaa's hands, her hands were too small and it didn't work right. Alyssa actually wasn't too upset. Alyssa tried cuting out a shamrock, it was a little difficult for her but she did try. Alyssa was a little upset. We tried having a picnic, it was too windy. Alyssa was upset. We tried riding her bike. This almost always ends up with her upset, but she did ok today. We did have green eggs for breakfast and that was a hit. I'm just a little frustrated. I really tried to make this a fun day for Alyssa and I feel like all she did all day was cry about something. Granted things didn't go as I had planned them, but it makes me feel like it's not worth the effort. I know it is worth the effort, maybe she'll remember when we had green egss, tried to make rainbow pudding and our lunch blew away. And hopefully she won't remember getting disciplined for various things and spending half of the morning crying. It's so worth it, my kids are so worth my time and effort. If only I could get things to go a little more smoothly.





Mason pushed his toy all over the culd-e-sac. He is getting so close to walking!





Alyssa is doing much better with her bike. She has had little interest in riding a bike and now that this little trike is too small I'm debating if I should get her a 'big girl' bike. So I've been telling her that if she practices riding and gets really good at it, we will get her a big bike with training wheels.

Love her green skirt, perfect for today.




A cute picture of Mason from the ski trip since I realized there weren't any of him.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow! Go Mason, go!
Can he come over and teach Alice how to that?
She pushes things around the house, but concrete would be a disaster, for sure!