Voting

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Night 3 and 4

Well last night didn't go as great as I'd hoped. He woke up at his usual time 3:45am, he wasn't that upset at first and was tempted to let him fuss a while but he started getting more upset so I went in and had him calmed down in about 5 min. I thought, yay that was quick. He made a little noise at 4:30am but went back to sleep. Then we heard him again at 4:50 am and had to go in. Took 15 min to get to to sleep. Up again at 5:30, took another 10-15min. He was very restless. I could calm him down quickly but he just kept stirring and would not sleep for more than 20-30 minutes. Finally he slept from 5:45 - 6:15 and then I fed him awake and laid him back down. He stayed in bed til 6:45, awake I think, then we were up for the day. So I'm not really sure what to think. He is just so restless after 4am. This was the case before too. I would feed him around 4am and then he'd be up 1.5-2hrs later. So I'm not sure if he's restless now because he's hungry or if it's because it's just a restless time for him. I'm hoping that it will get better cause I'm exhausted. I know that I have to stick with it a little longer to really see results, but I just wonder why he won't stay asleep. They don't really address this in the book, I need answers!! The other thing is with the "dream feed" I'm not able to go to bed early to try to get more sleep. I have to say up til 10:30 or 11pm to feed him. At least naptime is continuing to go well.

Night 4

I caved....I fed him at 4:30am. I just don't know. He woke up at 4 and I tried for 30 min to calm him.. He would calm down and I stood there to make sure he was asleep. I would climb into bed and he would start up again. This happened several times. He would calm down but would not stay asleep. He seemed hungry and thats one reason why I thought he wasn't able to sleep. So I fed him and he was semi awake when I put him back down, he slept til 7am. I was so exhausted I just did not have it in me to keep going to morning. I picked a bad time to do this too cause Nate hasn't been able to help much (checkrides, TDY). So I'm not sure if I'm going to keep trying this or if I'm going to go back to the 7:30pm til 4am, feed at 4 and then do the patting if he wakes up before 7. He just seems to be stuck at a 3-4 am wake up regardless if he has a dream feed or not. If nothing else, naptime is still going well so at least we fixed that problem. Why is this so hard!?

No comments: