Voting

Monday, September 20, 2010

Stumped

I wish I had some great news to report, that Mason was sleeping throught the night, but no. We've had some rough nights around here. Not just Mason either, Alyssa has been waking up at night which is completely out of character, ugh. So for a few nights when Alyssa was waking up every couple hours from 11-4, I had no energy to do anything but feed mason when he woke up at 4:30. The only problem is now he won't even go back to sleep when I feed him! He stays quiet about 20 min, poops and then won't go back to sleep. Any ideas on how to alter his potty schedule? Last night we let him cry about 20 min before I fed him, just to see if he might go back to sleep. No luck, so I fed him and he was up 20 min later with a dirty diaper. Changed him put him back down. We knew he was fine, fed and changed. So we let him cry for about 40 minutes. When we went to get him he was hysterical, hyperventilating and he had rolled over onto his tummy (another new problem). He would not calm down so I fed him again and he was out, well for an hour until I woke him up to start the day. I just cannot accept that 4:30am is morning, but it seems that Mason thinks so. The only thing I'm hoping for now is that he outgrows the 4 am wake up really soon.

2 comments:

The Moffats said...

this is all too eerily familiar. we are totally stuck at the 3-4am feed also. I have started three meals a day though (veggies/fruit) and he is finally starting to make it longer. we need to get together soon and pow wow :)

Unknown said...

Luke still wakes up at 4 or 5. I gave up traying to get him off of it so I can keep him in bed!
Luke gets like this when he is teething. Is Mason teething yet? Once Luke is done teething, and he is used to waking up, we have to let him cry it out, even through the hysterics. We did try "The No-Cry Sleep Solution." We got mostly through the steps, but finally had to let him cry. But, it did provide a transition. Good luck!!